best waterproof hiking shoes
Shoes to keep the water away
Hiking in the mountains will more than likely make you walk right into streams and puddles of water. This is because the snow on mountain tops and rains form lakes that flow down the slopes. You will have to be ready to walk into shallow water bodies during your hikes. The shoes that you wear have to be ready to handle this exposure.
The best waterproof hiking shoes repel water thus keeping your feet warm and cozy. No one likes walking with wet soggy shoes. Not only are they terribly discomforting, you are prone to catching a cold and falling sick.
Advantages of waterproof hiking shoes
- The idea is to stay warm and dry. Feet that are wet and soggy tend to smell
- Wet feet become sensitive too fast and are vulnerable to cuts and bruises
- Waterproof shoes prevent frostbite
- Rainy weather and water filling trekking routes are no longer a reason to miss trekking.
- Trekking in the rain is actually a lot of fun. Walking without a care in the world knowing that your trekking gear can handle the stress of the weather is a very good sign.
- Even though the shoes are likely to be heavier than normal non-waterproof ones, they have the perfect grip that will give you a good holding on the ground.
- Waterproof shoes are flexible even when wet. They do not cling to your feet and make a mess of the walk.
- They are breathable in nature. They do not let your feet suffocate in the process of getting wet.
There are a few disadvantages as well. On a hot sultry day, the shoes might get a little too hot for your tastes. They are also more expensive than your regular shoes. They are small things that can be disregarded in the bigger picture. A waterproof shoe might always be the way to go.